Thank you, You Otter read, for the nomination! I had loads of fun answering your questions.
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
You Otter Read’s Questions:
- What is your favourite classic book?
Okay, so I only started reading properly, because I love to, in the last couple of years and I’m going to admit something to you all here… I’ve never (yes, that says never) read a classic book in this time. But, I did read Of Mice and Men for English back in school, so that counts right? Anyway, if any of you have any recommendations, feel free to throw them my way!
- What is a book you started and never finished?
I used to be one of those readers that couldn’t not finish a book, recently though, I find if a book isn’t holding my interest I’ll just stop reading and pick it up later, when I’m more in the mood for it. One of these is Crooked Kingdom. (FIRSTLY I’D JUST LIKE TO SAY I ACTUALLY LOVE THIS SERIES AND I LOVED SOC AND IM PRETTY SURE I’M GOING TO LOVE CK). Now, the reason for me not finishing Crooked Kingdom yet is because I started reading it and then I couldn’t read for like a week or something and decided that I couldn’t just pick up where I left off and that I’d need to start again, right from the beginning. And I just haven’t done that yet.
- Which book do you think should be made into a movie but hasn’t been yet?
Books to movies are always difficult ones. No one wants to see their favourite books/characters/settings ruined, yet we’d all kinda love them to be turned into movies. If done well, I’d absolutely die of sheer joy if someone made the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy into movies. This would be so awesome.
- Which book did you read as a child and still list among your favourites today?
Honestly, I wasn’t much of a reader as a child, back then it just wasn’t my idea of fun I suppose. So I don’t have a book I read as a child that would be among some of my favourites today, unfortunately.
- Favourite book with an animal in it?
Hmm, this is a difficult one, I read mainly fantasy books, so can the animal be like a demon or shape-shifter? If yes, then I’m going to go for The Novice by Taran Matharu, because the demon Ignatius is the cutest frickin thing ever ♥
- What is your favourite genre and which book would you recommend from it?
My favourite genre is probably fantasy, it’s definitely the genre I read the most of without a doubt, and I’d recommend you read the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy (Angelfall, World After & End of Days), seriously I know I talk about these books quite often but they’re just so damn good guys!
- Is there a book that you consider required reading but haven’t read yet?
Honestly, no, not really. I personally haven’t read any of the classics/books seen as required reading, apart from Of Mice and Men in school. And I honestly couldn’t tell you what half of them are about. I probably should read some though, eventually.
- Be honest, do you ever judge (or choose) a book by its cover?
Oh totally, to both. Who doesn’t? If I’m just browsing through the books in the book store and I see a pretty cover or a kickass cover, there’s a pretty high chance I’ll buy the book, although the synopsis has to intrigue me too. And it’s the same if the cover is less attractive, there’s probably less chance of my picking the book up in the first place to be honest. Plus I’m pretty active on bookstagram, so I love an awesome cover.
- What is your favourite book to give as a gift or your favourite book you’ve received as a gift?
Having only one close friend that actually reads, I rarely get to gift people with books, but I’m definitely more for giving presents than receiving them, I recently gifted a friend Caraval in hardback, it was an exclusive English cover and I was pretty excited about that. I generally receive books for my birthday and Christmas and I’ve loved every one I’ve gotten, (they’re all from my wish list). 😉
- Why did you decide to become a book blogger?
I decided to become a book blogger because I needed a place where I could share my passion for reading with other people that also have a passion for reading. I wanted to talk about the books I was reading, thoughts, feelings, the whole shebang, but I didn’t have that, so I created a place where I get to share all that with people who understand. And its pretty amazing!
- When was the last time you went to the library?
Probably back when I was a kid, I don’t use libraries because I like to own my books. I love putting them on display and getting to keep them after I’ve read them. My bookshelves are my babies.
- You’re stranded on a island, you get three books, which ones do you pick and why?
- What’s your favourite book you’ve read so far this year?
- What book did you think you’d hate, but you actually loved?
- Do you have any pets? How many? And what are their names?
- What are your top three places you’d love to visit?
- Who’s your book boyfriend?
- Favourite kickass female character?
- Who is your auto buy author?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
- What is a book that is so underrated, but you love?
- How many books do you own that you haven’t read yet?
I Nominate :
Alessandra @ The Bookish Mind
Esther @ Chapter Adventures
Bex @ My Shelf & Myself
Brookie @ Brookie Cowles
Yasmin @ Read Books and Drink Coffee
Aldii @ perfectioninbooks
Jessica @ Ever The Crafter
Jess @ Beaucoupbooks
Laura @ Reading Sanctuary
Sydney @ Sydney’s Shelves
Adalyn @ Glittering Reads
Can’t wait to see your answers if you decide to do this one 🙂